If you are charged with an alcohol related driving offense, it is highly advisable that you immediately enroll in a state approved Level II Alcohol Education Course. This 24-hour course is required when a driver:
- Is convicted of 2 alcohol violations that occurred within 5 years, OR
- Is convicted of 3 or more alcohol violations in a lifetime, OR
- Is revoked for having a BAC of .15 or more, OR
- Is revoked for multiple BAC tests of .08 or more (Per Se), OR
- Is revoked for refusal to take a test.
Starting the class while your case is pending will not be perceived as an admission of guilt on the part of the DA or judge. Plus, completion of this class is usually a condition of reinstating your driving privileges following an Express Consent Revocation so it’s best to start right away.
Once you complete the alcohol class you will then begin the therapy portion of treatment.