facebook pixel What should I do if I miss a court appearance date? | Denver Criminal Defense Attorney | Denver Federal Criminal Defense Attorney Colorado

It is important for you to act quickly. If you posted a bond with a bail bonding agent, contact the agent immediately.  The bail bonding agent may provide you with a “consent of surety.” You must take the consent of surety to the court clerk and ask for a new court date.  If you did not post a bond through a bonding agent, then go to the court clerk as soon as possible and make arrangements for a new court date. In either case, a warrant was probably issued for your arrest for failure to appear.

Skip to content